Cancellations and Refund Policy
Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd (HSE)
also trading as the Nurses for Nurses Network (NfNN) and the Nursing CPD Institute (NCI)
Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd reserve the right to cancel educational services, professional activities and products, due to extenuating circumstances.
1. Terms and Conditions for HSE Events (this includes Retreats, Study Tours, Conferences and Getaways)
- Package cost is per person and strictly based on group travel dates.
- A non-refundable deposit may required at the time of registration.
- Final payments MUST by settled by 61 days before departure.
- The itinerary is indicative only and may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default whether negligent or otherwise, of airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with the tour arrangements, whether group or individual, over which Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd have no direct control.
- Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd does not accept any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are preventable by reasonable diligence on your part.
- Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will not be responsible for making the arrangements for any additional flight and or accommodation required outside the Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd program.
- Event delegates are required to attend the event registration session in order to confirm the wording and receipt of delegates CPD certificate of attendance.
2. Traveller Acknowledgement and Release
I acknowledge and agree that the following terms and conditions apply to my participation in the Event as organised by Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd:
2.1 I have seen and approved the itinerary. I understand that Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd may act reasonably, vary the itinerary (including departure and arrival dates), hotels, transport and/or other inclusions as rendered necessary by circumstances and events that are beyond the control of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd.
2.2 I will comply with directions of the event convenors supplied by Health Services Evolution.
I understand that if I:
- consistently refuse to follow directions, or conduct myself in an unacceptable manner, be it through vandalism, harassment, offensive behaviour, theft or any similar activity
- threaten or endanger any other members or any third party
- hinder or detract from the ability of other members to enjoy the event, Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd may, at its sole discretion, remove me from the event.
2.3 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd is not responsible for the failure by me to comply with customs regulations or any laws or regulations of any countries that are visited.
2.4 Passports must have a minimum of 6 months validity from date of return to Australia) at the commencement of travel. Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility whatsoever for difficulties arising from incorrect personal documentation e.g. passports, visa’s and other travel documentation.
2.5 HSE will not be liable for any medical expenses incurred by you or any loss or additional costs incurred as a result of sickness, accident, and injury. You may be covered against such circumstances on your insurance policy.
2.6 HSE cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to baggage, personal effects, money or documents.
2.7 I am fit to travel and will be solely responsible for bringing any necessary medications or medical equipment with me on the event. I will consult my doctor regarding vaccinations and all health and medical matters relating to the destinations set out in the Itinerary. I hereby release Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd from any claim, action or other liability in this regard.
2.8 I acknowledge that travel to the cities in the event involves inherent risks that may not be present in Australia. I have informed myself of inherent risks, including any material that may be provided by Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd at its discretion, have assumed such risks voluntarily, and hereby release Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd (and its directors, employees, agent and contractors) from any claim, action, suit or liability relating to any loss, damage, cost, expense injury or death arising from the following:
- negligent acts or omissions of third parties providing transport, hotels, guides or other services in connection with the Event (I acknowledge that Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will be engaging such services as an agent)
- theft, loss or damage of or to any of my property, whether or not due to any negligent acts or omissions of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd,
- climatic conditions, political disturbances, epidemics or any other conditions beyond the control of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd or
- acts or omissions of any other member of the event Group.
2.7 I agree that Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd may collect my personal information and that Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd are entitled to use this information for the following purposes:
- providing the event and related services,
- notifying me of future events and other activities of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd related marketing purposes,
- any other purpose notified to me at the time of collection.
2.8 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd, The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (CTH) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, except when qualified by any relevant Codes of Practice, will underpin all matters related to personal information held by Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd.
2.9 I agree that Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd may reproduce, publish and communicate to the public, photographs and film of me taken during the event for the purpose of promoting the business of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd. All rights, including copyright, in such films and photographs, will be retained by Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd.
3.1 Education Services
Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel a course, workshop, seminar, or program due to low registrations or other circumstances which have made it unavailable.
In this instance, wherever possible, Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will endeavour to give appropriate and timely notification to participants and a full refund will be offered.
3.2 Nursing CPD Institute Membership
Members are able to cancel their annual membership (or minimum 12 x 1 monthly consecutive payments) at any time in writing – this can be by written letter or email correspondence. Membership fees will not normally be refunded if there is evidence that the CPD activities housed on the site have been utilised within the current CPD registration year.
4.1 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- Identified overpayments for goods and services,
- An error has been made by Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd,
- Products/services that do not match what was shown at the time of purchase.
4.2 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will not provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- Where a member/customer/client changes their mind,
- Where the member/customer/client decides later they can’t afford the products/services,
- Where the member/customer/client finds alternative products/services at a more competitive price,
- Incorrect choice of product/service by the member/customer/client.
4.2.1 Refunds do not apply to changes caused by reason of civil strife, riots, war, the threat of war, natural disaster, tour leader illness, industrial action, technical problems affecting transport, terrorist activity, and closure of airports or similar events beyond our control.
4.2.2 Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your association with the services provided by Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd
4.3 All requests for refunds must be:
- Made in writing via email to [email protected] (NCI)
- Approved by the Executive Manager.
4.4 Refund for Nursing CPD Institute Membership
- Membership fees will not normally be refunded if there is evidence that the CPD activities housed on the site have been utilised within the current CPD registration year,
- The request must be submitted in writing to the Membership Services team.
4.5 Refund for Day Workshop, Seminar, or e-Seminar (Excluding Conferences):
4.5.1 More than 25 days notice
Full refund less 10% administration fee. Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd must receive written requests no later than 25 days prior to the first day of the event.
4.5.2 7-25 days before notice
Requests for refunds received between 7-25 days before the start of the event will be given less a 30% administration fee.
4.5.3 No Refunds – Within 7 days
Requests for refunds received less than 7 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund. Please plan accordingly.
4.5.4 Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
4.5.5 Registrants may send a substitute in their place in lieu of requesting a refund. An organisation may send an alternative delegate if registration has been paid in full and the registered person is unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances.
4.6 Refund for Events (this includes Retreats, Study Tours, Conferences and Getaways)
4.6.1 If you have registered and paid for an event via the NfNN website, the following refund policy applies
188.8.131.52 If a cancellation notice is received more than 61 days before an event, a refund will be processed less the non-refundable deposit.
184.108.40.206 If a cancellation notice is received less than 60 days before an event no refund will be given a partial refund may be applicable (less the non-refundable deposit) dependant on the terms of agreement of other third parties such as travel agents, caterers, and venue hire etc.
220.127.116.11 An organisation or the registered person may send an alternative delegate if registration has been paid in full and the registered person is unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances. If notification is received less than 2 weeks before a conference or event, an administration fee of $50 will apply. Notification must be made via email to [email protected] (NfNN)
18.104.22.168 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd strongly recommends customers take out travel insurance when they register for an event to cover any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent them attending the event and thus incur any financial loss.
4.6.2 If you have registered and paid for an event via a third party organisation such as a travel agent or other event organisation
The cancellation policy will be as per that organisation’s terms and conditions. HSE strongly recommends that customers make themselves aware of the terms and conditions of third party organisations before committing to purchase. Any potential refunds where applicable should be sought from the organisation.
This document was last updated the 1st January 2019
© 2019 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd