The Education Governance Committee coordinates the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities of the Nursing CPD Institute.
The Nursing CPD Institute is committed to providing high quality, clinically relevant education for Nurses. We believe that the knowledge and skills of an individual Nurse has a huge impact on the success of a patient's experience in the healthcare system, therefore we provide this online platform to do just that. The education sessions are provided by and in consultation with subject experts with proven experience in their field of speciality.
Our Education Code of Practice ensures that:
- The management practices of our organisation for the planning, marketing, delivery, and evaluation of our education program are of the highest professional standard
- All information provided to us by participants is held in the strictest confidence and is not released without the written permission of the participant
- We are committed to continuous quality improvement and utilise participant evaluations of each session to direct improvements to session content and delivery
- An attendance certificate for each activity is provided to the participant for their records and also held electronically for future reference
The Committee meets on a monthly basis and oversights the following areas:
- Development of CPD content offered by the Nursing CPD Institute
- Monitoring of the CPD content evaluations and continuance of content quality
- Consideration of requests for CPD activities referred to it by the membership
- Observing the trends in online education content delivery and making recommendations for change to the education platform accordingly
- Keeping conversant with changes to Nursing practice, related legislation, and best practice Nursing guidelines
R.N., M.Q.I.H.C., Grad Dip Q.I.H.C., A.F.A.A.Q.H.C., MACN
Cheryl Dezotti is a Director and co-founder of the Nurses for Nurses Network and the Nursing CPD Institute. As a Nurse Education Consultant, and a Wound Care Specialist, Cheryl is a member of the Education Governance Committee ...Read More>>
R.N., BACH NURSING (Admin), M.P.H.C. (Palliative Care), MACN
Sue Walker is a Director and co-founder of the Nurses for Nurses Network and the Nursing CPD Institute. As a Nurse Education Consultant Sue is a member of the Education Governance Committee ...Read More>>
Dr Pam Savage
R.N., Dip N (Lon), BA, MHPEd, Dip Law, EdDoc, MACN
Pam has an extensive background in clinical Nursing, education, and remote area Nursing both in Australia and overseas. As a Lawyer and Clinician, this background is brought to her role as adjunct Lecturer to undergraduate and...Read More>>
R.N., B. Nurs., GDTL
Brooke Batchelor has an extensive Paediatric Nursing background spanning 13 years and has worked all over Australia and Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. In 2015, Brooke began blogging about her concerns with the restraint of...Read More>>
If you wish to contact the Committee please email [email protected] or call the office Monday - Friday from 0900 - 1500 (Brisbane Time).